Honey sesame chicken panda express Recipe
What is honey sesame chicken panda express?
Honey sesame chicken panda express is one of the most popular savory main course meals of panda express sesame chicken. It is prepared with thin, crunchy chicken strips mix up in a stir-fry of red bell-peppers, and string beans. It is made more satisfying and appetizing by their quality signature honey sauce enhanced with sesame seeds.
Ingredients & substitute
The unique recipe of honey sesame chicken panda express would include but not limited to the following:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Sweet chili sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Soy sauce
- String beans
- Yellow bell pepper
- Sesame oil
- White sesame seeds
You can even replace soy sauce with Kikkoman or liquid aminos. Instead of cornstarch, you can also make use of arrowroot. And For the flour, almond or oat flour will do the job very well. Shaoxing rice wine vinegar also makes a good catch on to it.
Honey sesame chicken panda express calories & nutrition
As per manufacturer’s website, panda express sesame chicken contains 420 calories (200kcal from fat). It also contains 22gm of fat, 4gm of saturated fat and 45gm of cholesterol. Sodium is 480mg, carbs is 40gm, sugar is 19gm and protein is 16gm.
Tools used in the recipe
- Wok or non-stick pan
- Mixing bowls
- Slotted spatula
How to prepare a delicious dish
The first step to take while making this dish is to overlay the chicken with light batter and then fry it until it is brown and crunchy. Subsequently, the other components of the sauce are added and beaten in and then left to boil in the pan until it thickens.
After that, the vegetables are stir-fried. And then the whole thing is mix up in the wok for a few minutes to cover the chicken and veggies. It is dished up with sesame seeds as garnish.
Some of the panda express sesame chicken recipes includes the following
- Panda Express Teriyaki Chicken
- Panda Express kung pao chicken
- Panda Express super greens
- Panda Express broccoli beef
- Panda Express black pepper chicken
- Panda Express Mushroom Chicken
- Panda Express cream cheese Rangoon
- Panda Express string bean chicken breast
- Panda Express eggplant tofu
- Panda Express Beijing beef
- Panda Express orange chicken
- Panda Express fried rice
- Panda Express chow mein
- Panda Express Honey Sesame Chicken
- Panda Express honey walnut shrimp
- Panda Express sweet and sour sauce
Variations on panda express sesame chicken
To fashion this dish, here are some variants that you can add to panda express sesame chicken to make it even better
- Various forms of meat: ground meat, or strips of beef or pork. You can try any of this.
- gluten-free ingredients and Vegans: you can shift to tofu and use gluten-free components such as liquid aminos and even arrowroot
- Textures and various Flavors: you style it to be spicier by adding on chilies or chili oil. You can also add in pounded peanuts, almonds or cashew for texture and crunch.
- Cooking technique: air fryer for the chicken is accepted. You can also skip the part of frying for the chicken and just mix it in after frying the veggies.
How to store panda express sesame chicken
It is advisable that you consume the panda express sesame chicken two hours after opening the package. In case there are some leftovers, then it should be cooled first before it’s transferred into an airtight vessel. It can stay fresh in the fridge for about three days.
Can you freeze honey sesame chicken panda express?
Yes you can. But just ensure that the chicken and its components are cooled down to the normal temperatures first. Seal it in an airtight container. If that is done correctly then it should stay fresh in freezer for some time.
What does honey sesame chicken panda express taste like?
Honey sesame chicken panda express is very sweet, have a nutty taste, tangy, and rich with the Asian umami flavor. It is made even crunchier by the veggies combined in it.
What to serve with honey sesame chicken panda express?
May be you are worried of what pair goes along with panda express sesame chicken, here are some few matches that you can try it with:
- Brown rice or coconut white rice
- Shrimp fried rice, Ham fried rice or egg fried rice. Any of these can work
- Steamed broccoli or bok choy
- Roasted vegetables (asparagus, carrots, potatoes)
- Chow mein noodles
- Egg rolls
- Super greens
- Eggplant tofu
Is honey sesame chicken panda express healthy?
In terms of nutritional value, honey sesame chicken is rich and healthier because it uses chicken breasts. But it still has more carbs, cholesterol, and calories, and very high sodium content. But then again, you can make it healthier by changing to air frying or using healthier alternative ingredients.
Is panda express sesame chicken keto friendly?
This answer is No it’s not. It is way beyond the 22gm carb consider for keto-friendly dishes. But there is always a way out. You can simply replace the carb-filled veggies with mushrooms or tofu to convert it to a keto dish.
Is panda express sesame chicken gluten-free?
No, panda express sesame chicken is not gluten-free. This is because of the batter used for the chicken which is has glutinous components. To make it easier, just replace the batter with gluten-free components such as arrowroots, liquid aminos or some other gluten-free flour. Alternatively, you can brown the chicken naturally and forget about the batter.
Is panda express sesame chicken dairy-free?
Panda express sesame chicken it is not itemized in the non-dairy list but at the same time, it is not listed in the list of dishes with dairy content either. So just calls for you to take in caution and with restraint if you have dairy allergies.
Orange chicken vs. sesame chicken
Orange chicken is slightly different from sesame chicken in that orange chicken is way sweeter, tangier, and has a lighter color than sesame chicken. On the other hand, honey sesame chicken breast panda express has a nuttier crunch and savory.
Additional recipe tips
- Add baking soda to the chicken. this will act as a purifier by drying the batter
- double fry the chicken To make it crispier
- You can also enhance its flavor with red pepper flakes
The honey sesame chicken breast panda express will obviously sort your needs for a nourishment with a well-balanced flavor, tangy and sweet savory dish.
It may not be the healthiest dish, but with lots of alterations and adjustments it can be made to suit your favorites and diet requirements.
Generally, it warrants all the applauses it has been receiving and with additional thought that it can be made healthier is a major boost to rank this dish higher.
Honey sesame chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Honey sesame chicken breast panda express is one of the main course meals of Panda Express which had gained a lot of reputation. It is simply prepared with thin, crispy chicken strips mixed up in a stir-fry of red bell peppers, and string beans. Let me walk you through the steps of making Honey sesame chicken breast panda express
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
- 1lb chicken breast (skinless and boneless)
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup flour
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup canola/vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- A pinch of salt
- 2tbsps white vinegar
- 2tbsps lemon juice
- 2tsps soy sauce
- 2tsps cornstarch
- 1lb string beans
- 1 medium size yellow bell pepper
- 2tsps sesame oil
- 1tsp sesame seeds
- Whisker in salt, pepper, egg, and oil to make a coating for the chicken. In a separate mixing bowl, thoroughly mix up the flour and cornstarch.
- Heat the wok pan then pour oil (about cup) in it. Carefully dip and dredge the chicken parts and then fry it until it turns brown and crisp (that should take around 4mins on each side).
- Remove the fried chicken using a slotted spatula then drain all the oil in a cooling rack.
- Now make the honey sesame sauce. In a bowl, mix water, sweet chili sauce, honey , salt, lemon juice, white vinegar, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Boil the mixture in saucepan until it thickens.
- While stirring, fry string-beans and bell peppers for about 30secs on the same wok where you fried the chicken then add in the chicken, the honey sesame sauce, and the sesame oil. Mix up everything. Continue stirring for a few seconds.
- Turn off the stove, plate and garnish the dish with sesame seeds.
- Serve warm
Nutrition Facts about honey sesame chicken breast panda express
Serving Size 1 Amount per Serving Calories 292Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 84mgSodium 513mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 3gSugar 19gProtein 20g
- Asiago tortelloni Alfred with grilled chicken
- Honey sesame chicken panda express
- Kung Pao Chicken Panda express
Useful Resources: Read more here……